POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Elliptical torus : Re: Elliptical torus Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:35:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elliptical torus
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 May 2020 20:45:00
Message: <web.5eb207fba032ea3dfb0b41570@news.povray.org>
Scratch that initial misconception.

> Essentially, I need to calculate the _angle_ that I'm at around the cross
> section using x and y....

Which means that I need to unravel the dot product between two vectors.
The first vector being the normalized blue segment in the drawing.
The second vector being the normalized radial vector in the vertical plane of
the blue vector.

Got some cool screw-ups, and have some visual confirmation that I can get a nice
non-circular/elliptic shape to the R of the torus.

Maybe I'll get it before tomorrow afternoon.