POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping Textures on irregular shapes : Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes Server Time
17 May 2024 16:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 May 2020 13:45:00
Message: <web.5eac5fa272e01857fb0b41570@news.povray.org>
"Josh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> > A starting point :
> > function { Fnct01(x+sin(y*2+z*3),y-cos(x*7),z+cos(y*5)) }

I honestly can't even begin to imagine what inspired _that_.

> That produced interesting results. It split the shape up and duplicated it a
> bunch of times. I'll have to think about it.

You and me both  :O

> In the meantime, does anyone know what the isosurface function would be for a
> rounded box?

As a matter of fact, I do!  :)

#declare R = 20;
#declare RoundedBox = function {pow(x,R) + pow(y,R) + pow(z,R) - 1} // rounded
cube

I haven't tried making all of the R's different ... yet   ;)

Hope it's going well, and you're making progress.