POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping Textures on irregular shapes : Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes Server Time
18 May 2024 14:48:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes
From: Josh
Date: 29 Apr 2020 03:10:01
Message: <web.5ea9274e72e01857dc1270cd0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Josh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > 2) I also like how you can create df3 files and use them as a function from the
> > warp example. Is there any 3d modelers that can export df3? Are there other
> > programs/ways to create simple df3 files of simple shapes?
>
> if you're using some Linux, there's the 'df3 tools':
>
> <http://news.povray.org/web.5b43d8aa43fdfea9635cc5ad0%40news.povray.org>
>

> regards, jr.

Thanks! Definitely worth playing with.

I'm not sure if proper etiquette here would be to start a new post, but since
it's still on the same basic subject, I'll just continue...

How do I align a pigment with a normal? Say I have an isosurface that I want to
apply an agate normal to, but also an agate pigment_map that matches perfectly,
so that I can color just the 'valleys' of the normal map? Does that make sense?
It almost looks like it matches, but when I render one time with just the
pigment_map and one time with just the normal, I don't think they are the same
pattern.

Josh

isosurface
{