POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping Textures on irregular shapes : Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes Server Time
5 May 2024 10:08:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes
From: Josh
Date: 26 Apr 2020 17:50:06
Message: <web.5ea600f372e01857dc1270cd0@news.povray.org>

> And definitely the raymarching and signed distance function work of Inigo Quilez
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5NGeUV2EyU
> see the 4:00 mark.
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Wfpokorny/DensityFile/TubulenceWarpsExamples

Lots of good information and links from everyone. I've already learned a lot and
found some great examples. I would like to get followup on two suggestions
though.

1) I would love to use the example from Inigo Quilez about rounding. Say I have
a simple function for a box used in an isosurface. How would I implement his
idea in povray to make the corners round? I tried changing the threshold of the
isosurface, but that doesn't do it. A simple example would be super helpful.

2) I also like how you can create df3 files and use them as a function from the
warp example. Is there any 3d modelers that can export df3? Are there other
programs/ways to create simple df3 files of simple shapes?

Josh