POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Light & Shadows : Re: Light & Shadows Server Time
2 May 2024 17:31:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light & Shadows
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 23 Apr 2020 14:35:00
Message: <web.5ea1deb71a336268afdd13e10@news.povray.org>

> Absolutely gorgeous scene indeed. While your "experiment" contains the
> danger of never finishing scene building, it is absolutely essential for
> reaching any level of perfection. I do something less extreme than you
> myself, with the result that over the last couple of years my production
> has dramatically fallen ;-) There are other reasons too for this drop
> but those are coming from RL... Anyway, this is a landmark image.

Thank you Thomas. Indeed there was this danger - but in the end it became clear,
that I want to improve by making other images. There is a subtle intuitive
voice, which guided me. I simply wanted to exclude superficial rational
reasoning...

> I suppose continuous render or did you interrupt and continue (+c) a
> couple of times?

No, I used my two machines - the first for doing all the changes and the second
one for rendering. The second machine with 64 Gb RAM is loud and can heat my
whole passiv house - so my window was wide open all the time since xmas ;-) .

> > Happy rendering in difficult times,
> > Norbert
> >

> Thanks! My thoughts go to the numerous who are threatened of losing
> their livelihood because of covid19.

My rational side says such things are and will be inevitable. Personally I
conducted some scenario exercises with similar topics in my compony and in the
beginning I was shocked by the outcomes - this pandemie can lend to very deep
economic recessions - and wars.
Times are becoming even more interesting (in the chinese sense - may you live in
interesting times)...

Norbert