POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can we run two POVRAY renderings at the same time? : Can we run two POVRAY renderings at the same time? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Can we run two POVRAY renderings at the same time?
From: Kima
Date: 21 Apr 2020 14:50:01
Message: <web.5e9f3f40e9cb72aaecc0fada0@news.povray.org>
I was rendering a series of small files (simple scenes and rendering) through a
bash script. Since my CPU usage was not constantly 100%, I decided to divide the
set into two sents and run them simultaneously.

However, I witnessed some anomalies when rendering two independent pov files at
the same time. For example, render failed, a huge number of tokens was parsed,
etc.

I just wanted to ask if it is possible/safe to run two independent renderings at
the same time?

I use povray 3.7 shipped with Ubuntu 18.04.