POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island : Re: POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island Server Time
15 May 2024 02:05:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Apr 2020 20:05:00
Message: <web.5e8a71c999da5e40fb0b41570@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> Did I understand you correctly so far that you want me to set up the
> https://gnadlib.wordpress.com/2020/04/05/fahrrad/webspace in a way that
> POV-Ray immediately can access the original data files on the server
> (remote file access in POV-Ray?

It seems to me you did not.
If you provide a small toolkit of scripts that you're using to process the raw
data files, and links to the datafiles as well, then it would be a lot easier
for folks to get non-overlapping tile data, and quickly and easily process them.

If there's a way to remove or gray-out any links to tile files that have already
been downloaded, then that would ensure non-duplicate efforts.

> Must be a new feature in 3.7 which
> escaped my attention until now...) and process them?

Nope, you read too much into jr's request.
And you really should be planning a move to 3.8...   ;)  :)

I mean, I'm all signed up with an[other] account, but it's a bit confusing as to
how to find a specific square to render...