POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island : Re: POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island Server Time
15 May 2024 08:38:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Apr 2020 21:35:01
Message: <web.5e8935b799da5e40fb0b41570@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I'd go to your website and find an archive
> with the necessary POV-Ray, sed, etc scripts, and a form where I'd enter (with
> email) a request for one slice/tile, and receive, by return, either the data
> attached or, preferably, a link so I can 'wget' the file.  added advantage would
> be no inadvertent duplication of work.

This sounds good.
Even just a short how-to guide about downloading specific tiles and rendering
them would be a helpful jumpstart.

I haven't looked over the POV-Earth scene, but might I suggest that all of tiles
get systematically named and put in a subdirectory, and the pov file then checks
for the presence of a tile, and if not found, renders a default texture.