POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : STL binary floating data. : STL binary floating data. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:58:58 EDT (-0400)
  STL binary floating data.
From: GioSeregni
Date: 9 Mar 2020 08:35:01
Message: <web.5e663747abe031ad2c923fbd0@news.povray.org>
HI all.
One of my interests is export shapes during my work with IntelliCAD (but Autocad
is the same), using the lisp language at runtime.
I write *.pov, *.inc and *.stl also.
Unfortunately from cad i can only write STL with the heavy ASCII format, because
I have a problem with the lisp.
Autocad uses double precision float numbers. STL binary want single precision
floats. But the AutoLISP (seems that) does not allow me this conversion.
Allow me to ask here, maybe some experienced 3D programmer knows a solution?
Thanks in advanced!
G.