POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : output file saving : Re: output file saving Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:47:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output file saving
From: GioSeregni
Date: 3 Mar 2020 22:00:00
Message: <web.5e5f19327018a2442c923fbd0@news.povray.org>
> "GioSeregni" <gms### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > sorry if I insist on off topic but I think it's something to know.
> > I am reviewing the code of my libraries. I have had confirmation that removing
> > the "difference" from the loops is gaining 3/4 of the time.
>
> Yeah, difference{} can be a killer if it's not implemented in a way that
> optimizes its usage.
>
> You might find this enlightening as well:
> http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/holetut/index.htm

Yes, but in my last example the geometric shape has identical result, even if
described in two different ways.
I believed that theare are infinite way to render light and surface, because
they depend on the programming of each user.
But I thought that the forms, which instead have a unique and indisputable
spatial result, were optimized and stored in a internal database, by the parser,
in its best way.