POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista : HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista Server Time
13 May 2024 18:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 1 Mar 2020 21:50:02
Message: <web.5e5c73481f80037d16061d710@news.povray.org>
Please see the attached downloadable RAR archive file. It contains all necessary
files.

PROBLEM

I am developingm an authentic classical Roman ballista. Those are the
predecessors of the later guns. They use the energy that rope fibers can store.

The ballista is not finished yet, but I am not able to create those twisted
ropes, after one entire day of fruitless attempts. I cannot manage the spline
object, that's the problem.

The attached archive contains a folder called "Example", there you can find a
graphic that shows what is needed (the twisted brown ropes left and right).

If here's anyone who has the ability to help me out, it would be great! All
POV-Ray scene-related files are inside the other three folders.

As a small Thank You for your time, intention and efforts, the archive also
contains another folder by the name of "PCP" - this means "POV-Ray Color Picker"
(for Windows), and lets you select colors and converts them into POV-Ray code.
Very useful.

Please don't hes to ask me, if you have questions. Big thanks.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ballista 001.rar.dat' (2487 KB)