POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to adjust image_map? : How to adjust image_map? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:08:05 EDT (-0400)
  How to adjust image_map?
From: Kima
Date: 20 Feb 2020 04:40:00
Message: <web.5e4e53bf16a63c05ecc0fada0@news.povray.org>
I wrap an image over a lathe by

lathe{
  cubic_spline 8,
     < 0.00, 0.00>,
     < 0.60, 0.00>,
     < 0.72, 0.44>,
     < 0.31, 0.93>,
     < 0.49, 1.26>,
     < 0.48, 1.35>,
     < 0.43, 1.56>,
     < 0.16, 1.60>
     texture{
         pigment{
             color rgb<1,0,0>
         }
     texture{
         pigment{
             image_map{
                 png "image.png" map_type 2 interpolate 4 once

             }

         }
     }
}

I have two problems:

1. image_map put the image on the object from the bottom (from south to north).
Thus, if the image height is not enough to cover the object, it is always the
top part, which is missing.

How can I put the image from top to bottom or even on the middle (with respect
to the y-axis)?

I can move the image by translate<0,0.5,0>, but it is not practical as I have to
find the image height on the object.

We need something like Center_Object, but image_map is not an object.

2. map_type 2 makes a full wrap cylindrically. How can I make image_map half
wrap or to a custom degree (instead of 360)?

By scale, we can control the image over the y-axis, but the scale on the x-axis
has no effect.