POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problems with large RAM installed : Re: Problems with large RAM installed Server Time
28 Apr 2024 01:49:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with large RAM installed
From: Mirfaelltkeinerein
Date: 11 Feb 2020 09:35:01
Message: <web.5e42ba9a187cae06ee75e2ca0@news.povray.org>
> Sounds a lot like this:

http://news.povray.org/povray.windows/thread/%3Cweb.56edd77df9a19c455e7df57c0%40news.povray.org%3E/

That was the point!
Not rendering slowed down quite a bit, but image composition. Rendering was
finished and all which had to be done was putting all together. With a more
complicated scene or larger tiles (I used 8x8 tiles before, now 32x32 or 64x64)
it's no problem at all any more.
Thank you for pointing me to the solution and thank you all for the tips and
links to v3.8 and the AMD patch.