POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : The Bright Star Catalogue : Re: The Bright Star Catalogue Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:03:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Bright Star Catalogue
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Jan 2020 14:05:00
Message: <web.5e20b32be3b4c4164eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Melody" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I already made a bright star catalog converted to pov, in 3D points, if anyone
> is interested.

Yes, that would be a very useful thing, indeed.
Are there comments of any sort to assist in highlighting the various
constellations, or is it just bare-bones at the moment?

I still have to wrap my head around the ephemerides and the orbital elements to
be able to position everything where it needs to be at the proper times...