POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bright Spot : Re: Bright Spot Server Time
2 May 2024 12:54:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bright Spot
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Dec 2019 21:05:01
Message: <web.5e0020045bbce4274eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"AndreyG" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Thank you everybody for the comments and encouragement. Ok. I accept that: I can
> not see the light only it's reflection I can see.
> I create a mirror (ambient 0 diffuse 0 reflection 1 -perfect mirror?) point
> spotlight to the mirror at 45deg and look at the place where it reflected with
> camera (at -45deg).

Excellent.  Good experiment.

I haven't had a chance to look it over in detail, and I may not be able to for a
while.

But what i would suggest is to model what you think it ought to be with
cylinders, cones, tori, whatever lets you "draw" the result without interfering
with the scene - and then see how it compares.

If you put all of those objects into a union with "no_shadow", that will help a
lot.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_2.1#The_Spotlight_Source