POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD : Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:05:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD
From: jr
Date: 6 Nov 2019 19:25:00
Message: <web.5dc36373f7b9a3affeeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > anyway, the source you posted does not compile, so it's clearly not meant to be.
> my command line directive is:
> c++ SVD_BW.cpp -std=c++11
         ^^^
spot the difference.  ;-)  no matter though, it can wait until you've changed it
to read data from stdin.

> Not sure what your system is spitting out as complaints.
>
> I can give you the current version of the tangent macro, and hopefully that will
> be all you need.

cool, thanks.  any chance of a/the scene file?  to see it in-use.

>  Looks like Leroy couldn't help himself and has his own version
> going as well. :D

it is .. seductive.  _if_ I can understand yr code well enough, I've plans for a
platform on tank-like tracks I'd like to build.

> I hope the lesson pdf clarifies the whole point of all of this and to some
> extent how it's done.

you're pulling my leg..  had a quick scan, the formulae just make my eyes bleed.
 the 1st scan main benefit was seeing the virtual "mass", as an assumption and
how it can then be applied.  that, as a concept, is v interesting, need to think
on it.

regards, jr.