POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD : Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:00:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Nov 2019 18:55:01
Message: <web.5dc35cc2f7b9a3af4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>   $ ./a.out < mydata.xyz

Righteous.

> my (elderly) gcc manual does not list '#pragma once' but the clue seems to be in
> the name.

Specifies that the compiler includes the header file only once, when compiling a
source code file.
Syntax
#pragma once

The use of #pragma once can reduce build times, as the compiler won't open and
read the file again after the first #include of the file in the translation
unit. It's called the multiple-include optimization. It has an effect similar to
the include guard idiom, which uses preprocessor macro definitions to prevent
multiple inclusions of the contents of the file.

Commenting out the include doesn't affect the compile, so good to go.

> anyway, the source you posted does not compile, so it's clearly not meant to be.

my command line directive is:

c++ SVD_BW.cpp -std=c++11

Not sure what your system is spitting out as complaints.

I can give you the current version of the tangent macro, and hopefully that will
be all you need.  Looks like Leroy couldn't help himself and has his own version
going as well. :D

I hope the lesson pdf clarifies the whole point of all of this and to some
extent how it's done.