POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD : Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Nov 2019 17:40:01
Message: <web.5dc34ad8f7b9a3af4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> re 1.  why can you not simply change the 'generate_matrix' (I think) function,
> to fill that matrix with the file values?

Well that's what I meant by
"Should I supply a filename and loop down the rows, reading in x, y, and z?"

> re 2. keep the current way of supplying the size, more flexibility; in a file
> that could be the dimensions row/line before the data lines.

Why not just read in the first value of the file which will be the number of
vectors...

> > There's hardly any data in the header file - I'm assuming that can just be added
> > to the top of the .cpp file to keep it all self-contained.
>
> not sure I follow.

SVD_BW.cpp has:
#include "stdafx.h"

but all that file has is :

#pragma once           (whatever that is) and
#include <stdio.h>

So, can't I just copy/paste those lines to the top of the .cpp file and do away
with the #include "stdafx.h" ?