POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povmodeler : Re: povmodeler Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povmodeler
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Nov 2019 09:30:01
Message: <web.5dbee3d9f7e9e6524eec112d0@news.povray.org>
Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

> I have libglx0 and libopengl0 [1], but I'm not sure where they came
> from. AFAICT they are in the normal mint/ubuntu repos.

I haven't done a lot with the PPA / repositories  --- I've just sort of cut and
pasted command line stuff from some betty crocker web pages as I've needed them,
so I don't know which ones I'm plugged into and which ones are "the normal
ones".

> The Qt >= 5.11 is problematic.  That is way too new to be in any debian
> distros. Baldy is Mint 19.1 with QT 5.5.  I am Mint 19.2 (newest
> version, 2 months old) and that is QT 5.9.

I'm presuming that I need to do more than just a simple "sudo apt-get upgrade",
since I've done that a few times in recent memory, and it looks like I'm still
lagging behind you, Speedy.

Mint 19.3 is scheduled for December.  Maybe I'll figure out how to install that
and see if it fixes some things...
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/10/linux-mint-19-3-tricia-release-features

With regard to QTPOV-Ray:  I find that - too often - I'm doing something that
pastes a bit of copied text into my scene in what looks like random places.
Maybe I'm clicking a mouse button or using a keystroke when I'm actually in the
editor but I think I'm in the browser window or the system's text editor...
But I was wondering if any such thing ever happened to you.
I'm forever scratching my head, wondering "How did THAT get in there...?"
That mouse-click-paste is a dangerously easy thing to inadvertently do.
Can I disable?

> [1] $ apt-cache show libglx0

My terminal typeface has that nice "dotted zero", but my GUI typeface seems to
use one that makes it look too much like O.  :|

Ever since I tried using Redshift to relieve some eye strain and it took me
forever to shut it off (I think I resorted to ps, grep, and "kill -9 [pid]"  :D
) I haven't fiddled with the greebles and frobs much...