POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Edelweiss Seat WIP : Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP Server Time
1 Jun 2024 05:41:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Oct 2019 19:50:00
Message: <web.5d96881052e9f814eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Ton" <ton### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> kpovmodeler probably needs some tender care. I don't think there is somebody
> working on it, which is a shame.

Are you using this version?
http://news.povray.org/povray.programming/thread/%3Cweb.5c05ac0068e3c02c37e6c5840%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=425618

I have to figure out how to install it, as I suck with config/make, etc.

> Well halfway. I was born
> lazy and the scale x * -1 for the other half.

I do that all the time.   :D

I need to take some diagrams and work out the shapes - can I "trace" in
kpmodeler?   import/paste an image, scale it to a certain size, and get exact
x/y coordinates if I want to make a prism or spline?

Do you have a specific method of making a radius?  Sometimes the radius is
specified, but the center of that circle ... isn't.  Which is why dragging a
circle with the right diameter over to a WIP and then reading off the x,y
coordinates makes things go so much faster.