POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trying to create a particular object : Re: Trying to create a particular object Server Time
7 May 2024 06:06:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trying to create a particular object
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 26 Sep 2019 08:35:00
Message: <web.5d8caff297ff03a51b6c6b3a0@news.povray.org>
"David Kraics" <bar### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> I want to go from a cylinder to a
> cone, but I want it to be tapered in, rather than a straight cut into the angle
> of the cone.

In addition to the other suggestions, you could use a lathe object:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/3.7.0/r3_4.html#r3_4_5_1_8

which takes a 2D curve and rotates it around an axis. If you don't fancy
creating the curves by hand, you could use Inkscape (https://inkscape.org/)
which can export curves as POV-Ray splines. These can then be pasted into your
scene files.

Bill