POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How does bezier_spline work in prism? : Re: How does bezier_spline work in prism? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 11:34:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How does bezier_spline work in prism?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Sep 2019 21:15:00
Message: <web.5d75a679cb41806e4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Kima" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I still don't understand why povray draws berzier curves this way.
>
> Mathematically, the bezier curves of these points create a circle. See this
> image
> https://ibb.co/YykPGPM

POV-Ray ought to draw Bezier curves the way all Bezier curves are drawn.
I'm not sure what your image is supposed to show, as there's no mathematical
data that relate it to Bezier curves.

Maybe try:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1734745/how-to-create-circle-with-b%C3%A9zier-curves

I've probably spent the last several years working on understanding Bezier
splines and patches.
Lods of mistakes and frustration and misconceptions, but eventually got it all
worked out in the end.
Tor Olav Kristensen (TOK) mentored me after I got my second wind and felt up to
attacking the topic again.

Cousin Ricky has a Bezier spline based sphere sweep in the object collection.
Jerome Grimbert (LeForgeron) likely also has some good Bezier spline/patch work
in his excellent collection of experiments.