POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Recommendations on creating a spotlight with a visible cone : Recommendations on creating a spotlight with a visible cone Server Time
17 May 2024 20:11:20 EDT (-0400)
  Recommendations on creating a spotlight with a visible cone
From: Steve Anger
Date: 26 Aug 2019 16:50:06
Message: <web.5d64459be0212fbb8bed1fa0@news.povray.org>
Any suggestions on how to create a spotlight with a visible cone that fades at
the edges without using media? I've tried using a spotlight inside a cone object
with a scattering media applied to the cone. The effect is not bad but the media
is affected by all light sources in the scene, not just the spotlight spoiling
much of the effect. I also get random bright pixels at the edges of the cone.

I'm wondering is there is a simpler way to fake the effect.