POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Does animation have any rendering benefit? : Does animation have any rendering benefit? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:05:17 EDT (-0400)
  Does animation have any rendering benefit?
From: Kima
Date: 21 Aug 2019 01:45:00
Message: <web.5d5cd93d6f9402aeecc0fada0@news.povray.org>
With animation command, povray renders a series of images at different times.
Apart from coding sophistication, does animation need fewer resources (CPU time)
to render the images?

For example, imagine we move an object in 100 steps with the clock time. Is the
rendering process different from when we render 100 individual images? Is it
faster to render the same 100 images with the animation command, as compared
with rendering 100 pov files?

I mean does povray remember/cache some parts of rendering, which are not
changing through 100 frames? Or animation is just a simple loop which triggers
full rendering at each given time?