POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PC nausea : Re: PC nausea Server Time
2 May 2024 20:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PC nausea
From: jr
Date: 5 Aug 2019 06:05:00
Message: <web.5d47feabf7f30a503936914a0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Op 04/08/2019 om 14:40 schreef Bald Eagle:
> > So, no M$, Facebook, instagram, twitter, amazon, google, I try to use video
> > services other than YT, etc.
> > ... Caveat emptor
>
> ... It is a user's choice to share his/her (private) life with the world at large.
Otherwise, ...

you'd think so, but if you visit website A and they have these "like"/"share"
buttons for (un)social media on the page, your browser etc details will be
forwarded to those "service" providers -- even in cases where you do not have an
account with any of the companies involved.

"Studies have shown that people's right to the belief in privacy..."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_concerns_with_social_networking_services#Privacy_concerns

anyway.

regards, jr.