POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PC nausea : Re: PC nausea Server Time
2 May 2024 19:59:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PC nausea
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Aug 2019 08:45:00
Message: <web.5d46d234f7f30a504eec112d0@news.povray.org>
I found Rufus to be helpful when burning sticks - looks like sometimes I've used
MagicIso and VirtualCloneDrive and ... IsoProx(?)

But I got the strong whiff of bad things with the pathologically overzealous
push to Win10, and that just got me to start seriously exploring options for
software, services, and operating systems that don't charge me money to "update"
my system, lock me out when I don't pay (rent), spy on me, steal and sell my
data to 3rd parties, and use their ill gotten gains to make the world a more
miserable place.

So, no M$, Facebook, instagram, twitter, amazon, google, I try to use video
services other than YT, etc.

If simply installing an OS can make you physically ill, then I'd delete it and
never look back.  I'm guessing that a monitor issue may just be the tip of the
iceberg.

Caveat emptor
Mice only fall for the trap because they don't understand why the proffered
goodies that they desire are "free".