POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : povdos needed : Re: povdos needed Server Time
27 Apr 2024 01:00:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povdos needed
From: Mr
Date: 16 Jul 2019 19:30:00
Message: <web.5d2e5d90405ef3d9884ec9560@news.povray.org>
"DigitalBox" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Rocco" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Following this discussion, maybe someone will be interested. This will not be
> > the latest version but this week I switched on my old computer and. I found my
> > build scripts of POVRay 3.61 on MinGW32. I recompiled this with my MinGW64
> > environment and the result is a command-line POVRay version that renders as
> > expected. The build scripts is mostly inspired by what you see above. If there
> > is demand about binaries, I can host it on my OneDrive for example. Even if 3.7
> > is out now, 3.61 is still usable and feature-rich...
> >
> > This build works and renders as expected. You should only be careful about file
> > paths (add them in the .INI for example).
>
> I have been able to compile last 3.7 version with MSYS2/MinGW64.
>
> It works fine and I've this unofficial version available if someone is
> interesting by it
>
> Happy coding with POV :)

    Yes! please , do share. And in thelong run, This might lay foundation for a
truly Cross-platform build process.  I believe that suggestion made by Campbell
Barton aka ideasman 42 a few months or year ago was one reason preventing to
ship PoV along with its exporter, Making it disadvantaged compared to other open
source renderers such as cycles, eevee, or Freestyle.