POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : array mixed crashes in parser : Re: array mixed crashes in parser Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:42:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: array mixed crashes in parser
From: TreeLimb Jim
Date: 10 Jul 2019 19:25:00
Message: <web.5d2673883c87cc69799a5f510@news.povray.org>
> 1) I'm not sure what the dots that look like an ellipsis are.

Three sequential dots are indeed ellipses. I posted a correction where there
were two dots in the initial post should have been whitespace followed by the
dot-prefixed naming convention.

> 2) I think it would be easier to declare a (very small) mixed array first and
> THEN create a dictionary for it

This would be a logical progression, with experimentation due.
I'd be glad to work with a mixed array data type and then to extend the code to
read it as a dictionary.
During initial scene development I had complex sets of (single-type) arrays
which became a nightmare to extend.

I'd also be glad to create a mixed array and then initialize a dictionary
element. That'll help debugging but not in the spirit of the outcome. It may
soon be.

> 3) those internal array declarations don't look right to me

I'm not sure what you are referring to as 'internal' array declarations. I'll
discuss the composition of this complex data type in a later posting.

>>> THIS IS CERTAIN <<<
They work fine and fantastic in Pov-Ray 3.8.0a.9844500. In fact, I'm continuing
developing the scene in 9844500/

Presently, with 9844500, the uninitialized { integer, integer, array[10],
array[10]} declaration of the first element of the dictionary, .LeftMain2515:
entry is now, for my purposes { integer, integer, array[20], array[20]}  and
works as interpreted by Reference:Array:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Array