POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Parse error: Uncategorized error thrown at parser/parsertypes.cpp line 62 : Parse error: Uncategorized error thrown at parser/parsertypes.cpp line 62 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:44:24 EDT (-0400)
  Parse error: Uncategorized error thrown at parser/parsertypes.cpp line 62
From: Warren
Date: 19 Mar 2019 16:05:01
Message: <web.5c914a829a8674824c2823a70@news.povray.org>
Hello / Hi
I have installed PovRay 3.8.0-x.10064738.unofficial last sunday on Ubuntu with
the sources compilation.
To easily switch between several povray versions I have the following files in
'usr/local/bin' :
'povray3-7' which is the binary of the stable 3.7 branch
'povray3-8' which is the binary of the 3.8.0[etc] described above
and a file 'povray' which is a symbolic link that can point to one of the two
binaries above.

I have a scene that renders with povray 3.7 but doesn't with v3.8.
With the 3.8 version, povray outputs the following message in the console:

==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
File 'trees/kapok.tree' line 4: Possible Parse Error: Uncategorized error thrown
 at parser/parsertypes.cpp line 62.
Fatal error in parser: Uncategorized error.
Render failed

And I don't know how to solve this problem, even after parsing by myself
'kapok.tree' file.

Here is the output of the frist lines of 'kapok.tree' :
// TREE_NAME=Defaut;
//ROOT
#declare ROOTS=4;
#declare ROOT_RANDOM=13;
#declare FIRST_ROOT_AT_TRUNK=70;
#declare ROOT_LENGTH=200;
#declare ROOT_THICKNESS_CHANGE=0.85;

-----------------
In the pov file I have this line that loads 'kapok.tree' :
LoadTree("trees/kapok.tree")

And the 'LoadTree()' macro is defined like that :
#macro LoadTree(filePath)
 #include filePath
 #include "povtree/TOMTREE-1.5.inc"
#end

---------------
When I input 'povray --version' in the console, I have the following output:

POV-Ray 3.8.0-x.10064738.unofficial

This is an unofficial version compiled by:
 Antoine FAURE <https://www.ant01.fr>
 The POV-Ray Team is not responsible for supporting this version.

Copyright 1991-2019 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.

Built-in features:
  I/O restrictions:          enabled
  X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
  Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff openexr
  Unsupported image formats: -

Compilation settings:
  Build architecture:  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
  Built/Optimized for: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (using -march=native)
  Compiler vendor:     gnu
  Compiler version:    g++-8 8
  Compiler flags:      -pipe -Wno-multichar -Wno-write-strings
-fno-enforce-eh-specs -Wno-non-template-friend -Wsuggest-override -s -O3
-ffast-math -march=native -pthread

In the hope that helps...