POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Just musing about a pattern function... : Re: Just musing about a pattern function... Server Time
18 May 2024 20:11:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just musing about a pattern function...
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Mar 2019 19:00:00
Message: <web.5c86e80394e42832765e06870@news.povray.org>
ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> Use the trace function in a pigment and multiply the colour by the
> distance result of trace,

That would give a distance based color for either of the objects.

I could probably multiply the normal vector results by each other and use a
select() function to work something out, but I think CSG'ing everything into
difference B from A
difference A from B
and intersect A and B
would be far simpler (in SDL)

Perhaps there's a way using a union / merge and the object pattern.