POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Basic blur : Re: Basic blur Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:33:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic blur
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 Jan 2019 07:55:01
Message: <web.5c45c0bee22651a8cd98345b0@news.povray.org>
Of the top of my head, I can imagine a two-step POV-Ray process that might work:

1) Render your scene the normal way (with antialiasing, to at least give a
preliminary smoothness.)

2) Bring that image (as an image_map) back into POV-Ray, apply it to a
correctly-sized box, and 're-photograph' it 1-to-1 using a focal_blue camera.
This way, the entire image can be slightly blurred, with the same amount of
blur. (A typical perspective camera is fine for that; it will not introduce
distortions like a real lens would.)

The only possible problem I can imagine *might* be that a focal_blur camera may
not give the expected results when looking at PIXELS in an image_map vs. real
scene geometry. I've never tried it, as far as I remember.