POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fish were a bit stale : Re: The fish were a bit stale Server Time
29 Apr 2024 13:49:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fish were a bit stale
From: Leroy
Date: 5 Jan 2019 13:30:01
Message: <web.5c30f6589a9de40f41588aed0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> But so Long, and Thanks.
>
> It has been 20 years now that I have been using Pov-Ray. Unfortunately
> there is not a modeller that will work properly with it nor one in
> sight. So it is time for me to move on.
>
> I’ve learned a lot and met people here who I would like to call friends.
> So keep the faith and have a good New Year. Even if you do cross your
> arms before the last verse of Auld Lang Syne. :P
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

 Moving on after 20 years!?
Does that mean you are going to wipe POV from the computer, delete all your POV
bookmarks from your brower.
 Did you find another rendering system you like better?
I don't post here very often. But I don't think I could just move totally away
from POV. I think I've had POV on my computer for over 20 years. My computers
have changed but POV comes along.
 There are a lot of things POV can do and a lot it can't. The fun I have is
figuring out which is which. If I really wanted a good modeller for POV, I could
figure out a way to make it, with help from the good people here! Probable using
POV for testing out ideas in programing. I often do that. I just made a C++
program for making cin videos from pcx files and wav files. Also I made a POV
that makes a 256 color palette from an regular image file that is so fast the I
don't even need to made a C++ program to make it any faster.

 No matter what lays ahead I hope that you find what your looking for.
 And most of all Have Fun!