POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Happy Halloween, Kenneth. :| : Re: Happy Halloween, Kenneth. :| Server Time
28 Apr 2024 11:34:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Halloween, Kenneth. :|
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Oct 2018 13:15:08
Message: <web.5bc22803b72480d543b397d0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> My own city of Virginia Beach has a boardwalk on the
> Atlantic Ocean, where tourists come for seasonal fun (WHY they bother to, I
> don't know-- but I digress.)...

Oh, and I forgot to mention: On the beach, cops ride up and down on motorized
carts (not on the boardwalk, but on the beach itself), weaving in and among
sunbathers, to make sure that no one is imbibing FORBIDDEN alcoholic beverages.
(But local folks with any savvy already know how to 'hide' their drinks when
prying eyes are nearby, ha.)

Virginia has a state slogan-- which is quite an ironic joke, IMO: "Virginia is
for lovers." Va. Beach must have exempted itself from that philosophy. No
love-making allowed on OUR beaches!!