POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : object rotations in 2 axes vs. 3 : Re: object rotations in 2 axes vs. 3 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object rotations in 2 axes vs. 3
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 Oct 2018 07:40:00
Message: <web.5bb4aa69307ceb10a47873e10@news.povray.org>
> On 3-10-2018 12:48, Bald Eagle wrote:

> > The distinction between 2 and 3-axis is artificial.
> >
> > Perhaps you're just "adding" or "fiddling" too much - adding a jitter where
> > there ought to be a flow.
> >

> Yes, that is an important, if not fundamental, point.

In my mind's eye, I see that this could indeed be the case-- that the third
rotation is kind of 'mixing with' (and messing with) the other two... because
the initial two are already enough to orient the object. Kind of like a
'redundant force' that ends up being split up between the initial two rotations,
in a weird way. (BTW, I'm still pondering the 'Euler angle' discussion from a
recent thread, and how it relates to this stuff.)