POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : hurricane woes : Re: hurricane woes Server Time
4 May 2024 03:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hurricane woes
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Sep 2018 13:30:05
Message: <web.5b9bef2bf86d4743a47873e10@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> So... Hurricane Florence is bearing down on the east coast of the US (I live in
> the state of Virginia, right on the coast-- and near the bull's eye of
> landfall.)

[update...]

Well... for my area, the hurricane has turned out to be "much ado about nothing"
:-)

Not that I'm complaining-- but after a week's worth of breathless doom-and-gloom
predictions (for MY area) by ALL weathermen and newscasters, they're going to
have some explaining to do. (Unless the storm re-strengthens over land, which is
unheard of.) Predictions were that Florence might even grow into a Category 5
before it hit the coast (the strongest monster winds); instead, it went from a 4
down to a 2, then a 1! Here, we've had almost no rain, and the winds have
*maybe* topped out at 30mph-- more like a typical Autumn day than a hurricane.
All good news, of course (for us at least) but there are going to be lots of
irritated people here who evacuated their homes and left the area. Yes, it's
better to be "safe than sorry"-- but it looks like accurate weather prediction
still has a ways to go (it might truly be impossible-- chaos theory, etc...)

That butterfly in China must have suddenly reversed direction, or something...