POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : hurricane woes : Re: hurricane woes Server Time
4 May 2024 12:49:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hurricane woes
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Sep 2018 15:15:01
Message: <web.5b9813c4f86d4743a47873e10@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> > [clipka wrote...]
> >
> > If the change in the expected track exhibits a clear trend, shouldn't
> > that trend be extrapolated and included in the expectations...?
> >

> We are talking about butterflys and cats, here.

Yeah; if a butterfly flaps its wings faster in China, it will probably have an
effect here :-P  The weather in my area is SO unpredictable (probably in quite a
large area). But the hurricane track appears to be solidifying now-- slightly
further south. I/we might escape the worst part of it, or at least the worst
winds...

There are many small low-lying areas in my city and the surrounding ones, not
much above sea level. The place is dotted with river inlets, which come from the
Chesapeake Bay, which connects to the ocean. All of those areas are under
emergency evactuation orders, only because of the expected flooding.

So far, I still haven't been *ordered* to evacuate, but the flood risk for my
particular small area remains high...