POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : hurricane woes : Re: hurricane woes Server Time
4 May 2024 13:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hurricane woes
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Sep 2018 06:50:00
Message: <web.5b979d64f86d4743a47873e10@news.povray.org>

> Good luck!

Thanks. There's now a mandatory evacuation order for residents in "Zone 1"
(those living directly on the coast.) I'm in "Zone 2"-- on the Chesapeake Bay,
but only a few miles from the open ocean. Time will tell if I have to evacuate
as well.

I'm worried about flooding-- not from the ocean swells etc, as there are beach
sand berms between me and the water-- but from a fresh water lake only a few
blocks away. *That* flooded my area a couple of years ago, just from a really
bad days-long storm (a "nor'easter"). My house escaped that flood by a hair; I
may not be so lucky this time :-/

The expected track for the hurricane's landfall keeps inching its way
northward-- bringing the bull's eye closer! Egads.