POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : New tutorial about 2D screen coordinates : Re: New tutorial about 2D screen coordinates Server Time
28 Apr 2024 11:46:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New tutorial about 2D screen coordinates
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 Sep 2018 19:15:00
Message: <web.5b8dc0223848ca56a47873e10@news.povray.org>
> On 2-9-2018 3:54, Kenneth wrote:
> > Thomas, I've been playing around with [Norbert's] code, and I see where some
> > improvements can be made...
>
> You are right. Over time, I have "improved" on the code, one of the
> improvements being the possibility to use true 2D screen coordinates
> instead of percentages. Also that "facing" problem is more or less
> tackled I think, although I regularly have cases where it does not work.
> However, It mostly works and I light a candle to Saint Norbert each
> time. :-)
>
> Anyway, find here my version attached.

hey, I think I've figured out most of the needed changes-- after a marathon
coding session ;-)  I still haven't taken a look at your own code (yet!) ; I
first wanted to see what I could come up with. I'll probably post my version
(along with some needed instructions on how to use it), but I'll do it
elsewhere, so as not to hi-jack this thread any further.

It will be fun to compare the two independent approaches we've come up with.