POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Here we go again : Here we go again Server Time
11 May 2024 05:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Here we go again
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 10 Jul 2018 14:35:04
Message: <web.5b44fb1b575a2a4b93ab27150@news.povray.org>
Wild brownouts.  Problem determined to be electric utility's connectors.
Utility has no spare connectors, and attempts repair of faulty connectors.
Wild, freaky, roller coaster brownouts announce that repair has failed.  Off the
grid and back on emergency generator from the post-hurricane days.

Brownout drains computer battery in approximately 2 minutes.  Will not recharge.
 New battery ordered.  Will not charge.  Also, computer freezes up at
unpredictable moments.

Utility finally convinced to take another look.  House back on grid, but wire
gauge mismatch is discovered between house and utility feed.  Situation OK for
now, but wholesale rewiring is in our future.  Any more brownouts, we're off the
grid indefinitely.

AC adapter determined as reason battery fails to charge.  Yes, the same one I
replaced last year.  (Warranty expired last month.)  Computer freaks out on
shutdown.  Computer freaks out on startup.  Computer is unusable.  Suspect
computer is fried.

Will not settle for AMDs or Intel Core i3s in local OfficeMax.  Local PC
entrepreneur is expensive and has weeks of backlog.  No POVing for the near
future.  :-(