POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : No image : Re: No image Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No image
From: jr
Date: 8 Jul 2018 15:10:01
Message: <web.5b426051326cb273635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> So, I finally had a chance to dabble with this a bit.
> See what you think, and if this is going in the right direction.

nice.  the colour changes are good, difficult to tell whether change is solely
due to crossing a stave, even having split the mp4 into frames (I think they're
not).

> I've got a media "staff" with some moving sphere "notes".
> The media is colored according to the x,y,z values of the bozo pattern, and the
> hue is detrmined by a set of functions that convert a value between 0-1 into a
> set of rgb functions (my set of functions to do the equivalent of the CH2RGB
> macro in colors.inc)

never used 'bozo'.  have read the docs and still find it difficult to relate to
what we're seeing.  there's also a remark about a default colour_map which only
confused things (for me) further.

in a previous post you write "..define different functions based upon the
"space" the notes are traveling through".

that sounds a good idea.  how would that work?  have an object, which has the
user_defined {} construct and is not visible, travel across various function
"spaces"?  can this be discussed without descending into maths??  :-)

thanks + regards, jr.