POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7 charset behaviour : Re: POV-Ray v3.7 charset behaviour Server Time
29 Apr 2024 01:04:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7 charset behaviour
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Jun 2018 09:55:00
Message: <web.5b30f3c24a827126a47873e10@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Have you come across Notepad ++ ?
> httos://noteoadplusplus.oro/

Ya know, I actually *did* have that app at one time-- on a hard drive that
failed-- but then I completely forgot about it! Thanks for the memory boost ;-)
I'll download it again. (I never expected Windows' own long-time 'core' apps to
have such a basic text-encoding flaw; apparently neither NOTEPAD nor WORDPAD
conform to the UTF-8 published standards, as far as I can tell. Maybe the
standards came later(!)