POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Raytracing in games soon? : Raytracing in games soon? Server Time
17 May 2024 18:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Raytracing in games soon?
From: nemesis
Date: 23 Mar 2018 14:00:01
Message: <web.5ab5400573a233a483b2b3f0@news.povray.org>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NsdM1VS5u8

Microsoft and Nvidia have taken some devs to showcase in the latest GDC the
real-time raytracing of their latest cards and drivers.  who would tell such a
day would come, huh?  soone enough, real soft shadows, real reflections and all,
of course blended with the base scanline rendering and many deferred shading
processes.

next generation games in a few years will be amazing.  all the while, I've been
having quite a lot of fun with PSVR games and more dated, but incredibly
immersive gameplay...

the future came and we didn't even realize it... o_0