POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : export blender's smoke : Re: export blender's smoke Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: export blender's smoke
From: And
Date: 19 Mar 2018 23:30:00
Message: <web.5ab07f5217bef35764bb7d620@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 19/03/2018 14:21, And wrote:
> > "And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> >> I want to export smoke of blender. I wrote some code to read df3, and here
> >> https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Render/POV-Ray
> >>
> >> it says "A DF3 file (POV-Ray voxel format) is exported. I want to know where is
> >> this file.
> >
> > I have tried render a scene from it.
> >

> I hope I can explain this.
> In Blender with the render set to PovRay. Go to the scene properties
> (camera icon). Open the "Output" property and you will see the o/p
> directory. Mine reads /tmp/ Click the folder icon and Blender will show
> you where the Pov file should be saved.
> I've not tried using df3s myself. Although I found and reported a bug
> using boids.
>
> Keep us informed on how it goes.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Hmm I tried change the output directory to D:\ but it doesn't save the files to
that. I found the .pov and output image on user\AppData\Local\Temp directory
where PovRay message shows. Opening the .pov I found the df3 path finally. It is
on
....user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\preview\smoke.df3"
Windows 7.

Thanks for the response.