POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pattern blend : Re: pattern blend Server Time
22 Jun 2024 22:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pattern blend
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 Mar 2018 15:55:01
Message: <web.5a9dadc48351d7b0a47873e10@news.povray.org>

> > I shall make a small test scene. A way for me to remember stuff.
> >

> Like this. Left, image gamma is 1.0; right, image gamma is 2.2.

Nice! And you picked a good pattern to show it off.

The real *fun* begins when you take a height_field image (made elsewhere) and
*combine* it with a procedural pigment or pattern-- both of which can be
gamma-bent. It's a bit more complicated to code, but I was working up an example
anyway, and will post in a new thread. (BTW, some other interesting effects can
be gotten by making the gamma *less than* 1.0.)