POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HIPAA : Re: HIPAA Server Time
24 May 2024 19:38:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HIPAA
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Feb 2018 18:30:01
Message: <web.5a7f7fad23830966a47873e10@news.povray.org>
That's really ridiculous. Although, I kind of had a suspicion that you would run
into such trouble. Apparently, doctors just don't want to give their 'secret
medical data' to a patient-- as if it's 'proprietary' or something, belonging
only to them. (Or maybe they're worried about malpractice claims?) I suspect
that the policy differs from doctor to doctor! (in other words, NO real policy.)
Or else they don't know what's legal and what's not.

I have a friend who has more-than-usual health problems-- and she is *dogged*
about about getting whaever info she needs from a doctor. HOW she does it I
don't know-- I think doctors groan when they see her coming. (She actually has
some mediacal training of some sort-- and isn't easily put off with glib
answers.)