POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Large image sizes? : Re: Large image sizes? Server Time
18 May 2024 11:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Large image sizes?
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Feb 2018 21:00:01
Message: <web.5a7cffe676fb8d55a47873e10@news.povray.org>
> Can I upload large images to the POV-Ray newsgroup? I created one that
> is more than 25MB that I would like to upload.

I'm pretty sure the limit is 5MB. As a practical matter, it probably needs to be
slightly less than that, to allow for any uploading 'overhead' imposed by the
newsgroup itself. (For example, uploaded video animations also have a 5MB
limit-- but a video that's over about 4MB won't go through. There's probably
less overhead for a still image, though-- my guess.)