POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Backdrop resolution? : Re: Backdrop resolution? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:36:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backdrop resolution?
From: Lutz
Date: 29 Jan 2018 12:55:01
Message: <web.5a6f5fed2fd1a9b9680725ff0@news.povray.org>
> In a view pane, if you press ctrl+B you can select an image file to
> display as a background for that pane for reference.  It's limited in
> resolution, though, so you can't do much detail work with it.  ...I think.
I'm not sure whether this was something you could set in the OpenGL
Preferences... wasn't there an entry for maximum texture resolution somewhere?

Back when this was written, graphics card memory was scarce, so I might have
limited it. No reason to keep that around, though. I'll take a look.

I'm not real happy with the backdrop feature. It really needs controls to scale,
rotate and move it around in the view. Right now it can only be sized and that
uses dialogs, which is just.... urgh... :-)

- Lutz