POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bitcoin : Re: Bitcoin Server Time
18 May 2024 13:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bitcoin
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Dec 2017 11:45:07
Message: <web.5a427b63bae206ab89df8d30@news.povray.org>

> ...and - on another note - you may have heard about the potential
> dangers of smartphone screens (/blue/ light) and of those led car lights
> to our vision. We are currently creating generations with blindness at
> worst or severely diminished vision at best, according to scientists.

Here in the US state of Virginia (in my area, anyway), police cars use a
combination of ultra-bright red and blue strobe lights; the BLUE is so intense
that I always look away from it-- out of necessity, because it hurts! From what
I've read, intense blue light is *really* damaging. Apparently, some of the
police forces in this country (or the police-car manufacturers) are unaware of
this problem-- either blissfully ignorant of it or just completely uninformed.
That truly amazes me. But, sad to say, it doesn't surprise me here in Virginia--
a state which *always* seems to be behind-the-times :-(