POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : FOG with turbulence-- animation tests : Re: FOG with turbulence-- animation tests Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:39:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FOG with turbulence-- animation tests
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Dec 2017 20:25:00
Message: <web.5a31d1df3f5614d489df8d30@news.povray.org>

Clipka wrote:
> > ...I'm dubious.

Well, try as I might, I concede defeat ;-)  No matter what wierd 'projection'
idea I throw around in my mind, it still requires taking *multiple* ray-samples
of  'volumetric' fog (uh, like true media)-- defeating the idea of it being a
quick-to-render/'inexpensive' solution.

But it was fun to think about anyway.