POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : FOG with turbulence-- animation tests : Re: FOG with turbulence-- animation tests Server Time
29 Apr 2024 02:59:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FOG with turbulence-- animation tests
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Dec 2017 22:15:00
Message: <web.5a309ac43f5614d45cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I've actually never used a spreadsheet(!); never had occasion to do so. But I
> can see that the idea would be useful.

Oh c'mon.
Next thing you know, you'll be saying "Oh wow - cool!  This radio thing is kinda
neat...   and this internet thing...   !"
:P

> If I understand you're concept, I wonder
> if some enterprising POV'er has previously come up with a way to put lots of
> scene parameter values into a spreadsheet, then to apply those values (somehow)
> to a POV-Ray scene, one 'group of values' at a time. As a suitably-correct .ini
> text file or include file, for example.
>
> Or maybe I'm way off base :-O

No, I've started experimenting with that, along with the other 100 things I have
on my experimental to-do list.

I had the idea that it would be useful to have calculated values for parameters
and equations in cells, so as you wrote a scene, you'd see if there were any
obvious problems before you parsed the scene and rendered it.

Tons of other things get in the way of having the free time to do that.
Looks like any existing free time will be gobbled up soon.
Details to follow in an off-topic thread.